We believe in A NEW START FOR OLD STUFF. That means we're always looking for old stuff. If you're in the Provincetown area and have unneeded items in good condition and don't plan to sell them, we encourage you to make a donation to the Thrift Shop at the Provincetown UMC or Ruthie's Boutique.
If you have items that aren't fit for donation, though, particularly anything on the list below, don't throw it away! We may be able to use it. New items are added to the top of the list as needs change.
Items Repurposed makes from materials sourced from our community are marked with our GIVE TEN logo. When these products are sold, we give 10% of the sale price back in the form of a donation to a local nonprofit.
If you're an artist who works with specific "found" materials, let us know. We'd love to help.Following are items we're seeking for use in creative projects:
- old wooden RULERS AND YARDSTICKS
- used (yes, really, used) bamboo CHOPSTICKS
- metal KEYS of all types and sizes
- vintage BOARD GAMES and pieces (see list)
- 3.5" Computer DISKETTES
- non-working CLASSIC OSTERIZER BLENDERS and some other small appliances
- boat and windsurfing SAILS in both traditional and modern sailcloth
- recently replaced metal-wrapped MUSICAL INSTRUMENT STRINGS
- DENIM JEANS that are torn beyond the point of being fashionable (if that's possible)
- accidentally shrunken or moth-eaten WOOL SWEATERS AND BLANKETS
- damaged LAMPS AND LAMPSHADES
- antique, but unusable TYPEWRITERS
- plastic LETTER MAGNETS
- old LOWER KITCHEN CABINETS Got 'em! Thanks.
- soda CAN TABS (please see this note about donating tabs to charities) We currently have plenty, though we can still use tabs in different colors (other than the standard aluminum).
- WINE CORKS, both natural and synthetic We have more corks than most wineries! Thank you.
- scratched, unplayable LP RECORD ALBUMS We have more than we can use at the moment. Thanks!